More than four decades of teaching and research experience at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, including teaching and research at :-
- Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, USA
- Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
- The Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA
- Brunel University, London, UK
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- Ames Laboratory, Ames, Iowa, USA
- GKSS Research Center, Geesthact, Germany.
- Consultant to University Space Research Association, NASA, USA
Published more than 150 research papers in peer reviewed journals and authored three books.
- National Metallurgist Day award from Government of India for outstanding contribution in Metal Sciences
- Two certificates of recognition from NASA, USA
- Silver Jubilee Research award of I.I.T. Kharagpur
Academic administration include :-
- Dean Postgraduate Studies at I.I.T.Kharagpur
- Member of Governing Councils and Research Councils of National Academic Institutions and Research Laboratories
Current Research interest include :-
- Composite Science and Technology
- Solidification Processing
- Bulk Metallic Glasses and nano composites
- Simulation and modeling of metallurgical and material processing
2. Dr. Charoen Nakason
- B.Sc. (Chemistry) – Prince of Songkla University – 1986
- M.Sc. (Polymer Science) – Chulalongkorn University – 1991
- Ph.D. (Polymer Rheology & Processing) – University of Bradford, ENGLAND - 1997
- Dean- Faculty of Science & Technology
- Associate Professor in Polymer Technology
- Director of Excellence Center in Natural Rubber Technology
Department of Rubber Technology & Polymer Science
Faculty of Science & Technology
Prince of Songkla University, Pattani, Thailand.
Telephone: 66 73 333048 Mobile: 66 9 6585826
Fax: 66 73 331099
Area of Research Interests: Natural rubber Technology, Thermoplastic Natural Rubber, Chemical modification of NR, Rheology & Processing of NR
Selected publications in International Journals
- Nakason, C. Jarnthong, M. Kaesaman, A. Kiatkamjornwong, S. 2008. Thermoplastic Elastomer Based on Epoxidized Natural Rubber and High-density Polyethylene Blends: Effect of Blend Compatibilizers on Mechanical and Morphological Properties, J. Appl. Polym. Sc., 109(4): 2694-2702
- Nakason, C. Worlee, A. Salaeh, S. 2008. Effect of Vulcanization Systems on Properties and Recyclability of Dynamically Cured Epoxidized Natural Rubber/Polypropylene Blends, Polym Test, 27(7): 858-869.
- Nakason, C. and Saiwari, S. 2008. Effect of level of maleic anhydride content on rheological, mechanical and morphological properties of thermoplastic vulcanizates based on maleated natural rubber/polypropylene blends. , J. Appl. Polym. Sc., 110: 4071-4078.
- Thitithammawong, A. Nakason, C. Sahakaro, K. Noordermeer, J.W.M. 2009. Multifunctional Peroxide as Alternative Crosslink Agents for Dynamically Vulcanized Epoxidized Natural Rubber/Polypropylene Blends, , J. Appl. Polym. Sc., 111 (2): 819-825.
- Nakason, C. Jarnthong, M. Kaesaman, A. Kiatkamjornwong, S. 2009. Influences of blend proportions and curing systems on dynamic, mechanical, and morphological properties of dynamically cured epoxidized natural rubber/high-density polyethylene blends, Polym Eng & Sci, 49(2): 281-292.
- Derouet, D. Intharapat, P. Tran, QN. Gohier, F. Nakason, C. 2009. Graft copolymers of Natural Rubber and Poly(dimethyl(acryloyloxymethyl)phosphonate) (NR-g-PDMAMP) or Poly(dimethyl(methacryloyloxyethyl)phosphonate) (NR-g-PDMMEP) from photopolymerization in latex medium., Eur. Polym J., 45 (3), 820-836.
- Pechurai, W. Sahakaro, K. Nakason, C. 2009. Influence of Phenolic Curative on Crosslink Density and Other Related Properties of Dynamically Cured NR/HDPE Blends, , J. Appl. Polym. Sc., 113(2):1232-1240.
- Intharapat, P. Derouet, D. Gohier, F. Nakason, C. 2009. Compatibilization of NR/EVA blends by NR Grafted poly(dimethyl(methacryloyloxymethyl) phosphonate) Compatibilizer, e-polymer, 075:1-15.
- Nakason, C. Kaewsakul, W. 2010. Influence of Oil Contents in Dynamically Cured Natural Rubber and Polypropylene Blends, , J. Appl. Polym. Sc., 115 (1): 540-548.
- Kalkornsurapranee, E. Sahakaro, K. Kaesaman, A. Nakason, C. 2010. Influence of reaction volume on properties of Natural Rubber-g-Methyl Methacrylate, J. Elast & Plas, 42(1): 17-34.
- Intharapat, P. Derouet, D. Nakason, C. 2010. Dynamically Cured Natural Rubber/EVA blends: Influence of NR-g-poly(dimethyl(methacryloyloxymethyl) phosphonate compatibilizer, Polym Adv. Tech., 21 (5): 310-321.
- Yumae, N. Kaesaman, A. Rungvichaniwat, A. Thepchalerm, C. Nakason, C. 2010, Novel Creaming Agent for Preparation of Creamed Concentrated Natural Rubber Latex, J. Elast & Plas, 42 (5): 453-470
- Nakason, C., Wohmang, T., Kaesaman, A., Kiatkamjornwong, 2010. Preparation of cassava starch-graft-polyacrylamide superabsorbents and associated composites by reactive blending, Carbo Polym, 81(2): 348-357.
- Intharapat, P. Derouet, D. Gohier, F. Nakason, C., 2010. Kompatibilisierung von NR/EVA-Verschnitten mit gepfropftem Naturkautschuk als Kompatibilisator, Gummi, Fasern, Kunststoffe 63 (7): 17-424 (in German)
- Salaeh, S. Muensit, N. Bomlai, P. Nakason, C. 2011. Ceramic/natural rubber composites: influence types of rubber and ceramic materials on curing, mechanical, morphological, and dielectric properties. Journal of Materials Science, 46(6): 1723-1731.
- Narathichat, M. Kummerlöwe, C. Vennemann, N. Nakason, C. 2011. Thermoplastic Natural Rubber based on Polyamide-12: Influence of Blending Technique and Type of Rubber on Temperature Scanning Stress Relaxation and Other Related Properties, , J. Appl. Polym. Sc., 121 (2): 805-814.
- Pichaiyut, S., Nakason, C., Kummerlöwe, C., Vennemann, N. 2011. Thermoplastic Elastomer Based On Epoxidized Natural Rubber/Thermoplastic Polyurethane Blends: Influence of blending technique, Polymers for Advanced Technologies, Article in Press.
- Johns, J., Nakason, C. 2011. Dielectric properties of natural rubber/chitosan blends: Effects of blend ratio and compatibilization, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 357 (7): 1816-1821.
- Narathichat, M. Kummerlöwe, C. Vennemann, N. Nakason, C. 2011. Influence of Epoxide Level and Reactive Blending on Properties of Epoxidized Natural Rubber and Nylon-12 Blends, Advances in Polymer Technology, Article in Press.
- Pichaiyut, S., Nakason, C., Kummerlöwe, C., Vennemann, N. 2011. Thermoplastic Elastomers based Natural Rubber and Thermoplastic Polyurethane Blends, Iranian Polymer Journal, Article in Press.